Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Why I Still Love Blogspot - George Dirlam #3


  Blogger vs WordPress



Should I Still Use BlogSpot?

Yes! Here is why.

Blogspot, now called Blogger is owned by Google and Google really likes you to use it's tools and blogs.

Blogspot was probably the first blogging platform that I used.

Long ago I noticed that once I got about 10 posts into a a blogspot blog, the blog started ranking very well on the search engines.

SEO / search engine optimization is very different now. My last post into this George Dirlam blogger shows similar results using a Google blog on the major search engines.

Here is my last post Okinawan coral calcium liquid and the results on the search engine Yahoo.

Choose easier long tail keywords first.

How many pay per click ads are under that keyword? If people are paying for ads for that keyword, then go for it.

Go to page #1 of your keyword and see if people are placing paid ads for your long tail keyword.

In the past a blogspot account could have 100 blogs in it and every blog could have unlimited posts.

This is probably the same with blogger.

If you could see the old accounts I set up in the past with the blogs in those accounts. I guess it was a learning experience.

It's easy to set up a blogger with the keywords you want. If the keyword is already taken, just use stop words and or dashes to get the words you want in the blog url.

WordPress











LOL...Well maybe not quite like the above picture.

Look at some major websites. What are they using? WordPress!

People love their WordPress!
Once you drive a WordPress it's hard to go back to blogger.

I  use the .org WordPress.

The .com WordPress is basically for people who don't have a domain and don't have hosting.

Google can take your blogger down at any time or suspend it.

You have the control over your WordPress hosted on a C-Panel.

It helps to have an aged domain. Starting from zero, your blogger will lap your WordPress.

I buy my domains on GoDaddy and my hosting is Hostgator. I have nothing but good things to say about my experience with HostGator.

It is very easy to get your WordPress up and running on a c-panel. If you want hosting, click the above link or banner and get your hosting.

Customer support is excellent at Hostgator and also GoDaddy. If you want my assistance, contact me on Twitter/georgedirlam or Google Voice.

Conclusion 

Don't forget to use your blogger!

Use the rss feed into your WordPress. Get 10 posts in and watch it produce results. Just Google your name and see the results. Unless your name is John Doe or John Smith.

After each blog is done, I like to take the link and post it in Twitter, Google+, My Fan page, and I also post it in the very seo friendly IBO ToolBox Wall.

Click this image



















Thanks for reading my blogger blog!

George Dirlam
http://georgedirlam.com
(775) 391-0263 

 Bing | Work From Home Leads | Jobs Enough